Shopify is the #1 eCommerce platform for starting a dropshipping store. Shopify dropshipping apps make it easy peasy to get set, go!
But, you have to select the best options from the Shopify app store to help you find winning products.
I have handpicked some Shopify apps that you should check out.
How does the Shopify dropship model work?
Shopify dropshipping allows you to list and sell items that you don’t even need to touch. How cool!
When customers place an order, your dropshipping app will directly ship it for you. Here’s a quick breakdown:
- Supplier/Dropshipper – Your product supplier will ship the product directly to your customers.
- Shopify – An eCommerce solution that puts together all the apps – from designing to marketing – in one place. They even offer a 14-day free trial.
- Dropshipping app – Helps you connect and pick winning products. In some cases they will take care of shipment as well.
Some suppliers offer a complete solution – from product creation to fulfilment, and they have their own dedicated app.
Pro tip: Know your niche before picking a Shopify app. Selling products are available in categories.
Best Shopify Dropshipping Apps in 2020
Oberlo is the most popular dropshipping app and has been around for a while now. You can find hot products from AliExpress there. They list multiple suppliers for every product with different designs and pricing.
When talking about ease of usage, this Shopify app makes dropshipping really easy. You can funnel products and import details in a few clicks. Plus you will get monthly emails on the best-selling products.
- Get monthly bestsellers in your inbox
- Awesome shipment tracking
- Automated fulfilment
- Multiple shipment options for faster delivery
Oberlo is available for free for up to 10,000 products imported.
What makes Spocket one of the most unique Shopify dropshipping apps is the direct contact with suppliers. Spocket is a platform that connects premium-quality EU/US suppliers to dropshippers. This option is good for those who want to sell unique products and ship them directly to customers.
They offer worldwide shipping, but the time varies based on the location. US-based deliveries are usually delivered within 5 to 7 days.
- Unique products from US/EU suppliers
- Retail price to easily work out the minimum profit margin
- Dedicated support team
Spocket offers four types of pricing modules based on the number of unique products and premium quality items.
- Starter – $19 per month
- Pro – $49 per month
- Empire – $99 per month
- Unicorn – $299 per month
You can also sign up for a free 14-day trial.
You can easily design products using a mockup generator for free then push them to your Shopify store. Printful will take care of product creation and fulfillment. The reason they are the best POD company is their high-quality products and nearly all types of printing methods. The Printful product catalogue is slightly more expensive than other PODs, but they don’t compromise on quality or shipment transparency.
- Beginner-friendly mockup generator
- High-quality dropshipping items
- Sell custom products with no upfront
- 20% off on sample orders and 30% off on bulk orders
- Integrates with Amazon, Etsy, Gumroad, and more
Printful Shopify is available for free
The good thing about dropshipping is that it gives you complete flexibility to choose your product, and you don’t have to stick with one marketplace either.
Importify gives you access to AliExpress and its alternatives like DHGate, Amazon, Alibaba, Etsy, and more. This is really cool because most dropshipping stores rely on AliExpress for supply, but there are many other cooler platforms.
- Create a semi-automatic dropshipping store
- Integrates with Shopify review apps like Editorify
- 30+ dropshipping suppliers to import from
You can start dropshipping with Importify for $14.95 per month.
Should you want to dropship high-quality products from the USA and Canada, DropCommerce is my top recommendation as an eCommerce expert.
What makes them amazing is that they allow you to work with real brands and make a margin of 30% to 50%. They even claim to refund out of pocket for orders that don’t arrive to customers.
- Premium suppliers from US & Canada
- Currency conversions for worldwide eCommerce
- Automated fulfillment for better productivity
- Guaranteed order delivery
DropCommerce is one of the premium Shopify dropshipping apps that you can use for free. However, for importing products, you’ll have to choose one of the following:
- BASIC – $12 per month for 25 products
- GROWTH – $39 per month for 250 products
- PRO – $79 per month for unlimited products
Modalyst is one of those Shopify dropshipping apps that you just can’t ignore. You can choose from billions of dropship products from AliExpress using the Modalyst app, but you can also choose from independent brands on their platform. They have suppliers from the USA, UK, Australia, and Europe.
- Hundreds of top brands for quality products
- Private label – personal branding, packaging, and tags
- Claim to deliver within 3 to 5 business days
- Live chat & email support 7 days a week
- Automatic order routing
Modalyst is available for free for up to 25 products. After that you’ll have to go premium. Here are the paid plans they offer:
- HOBBY – $0 for 25 products
- STARTUP – $35 for 250 products
- PRO – $90 for unlimited products and premium suppliers
Gooten is another print on demand app but with a different print quality. You can get a higher margin using their print patterns including inkjet, DTG, sublimation, woven, and even foil printing.
Their standard shipping takes around five business days for the lower 48 states. Gooten has a multi-channel inventory management system for keeping the product range up to date and automating the print on demand model.
You can use Gooten for dropshipping products in these categories: apparel, home & living, wall art, accessories, pets, and cards.
- Awesome print & product quality
- Integrates with WooCommerce and Etsy
Gooten is a Shopify app that you can use for free.
8. Ali Orders
Ali Orders AliExpress Dropship is a Shopify app with Oberlo, but with a much better interface and useful features for automated dropshipping. Overall, you will get extensive customization and control over the product details. They also have additional apps like Ali Hunter for exploring over 200k+ dropshipping stores to find potential products.
- One-click product import
- Multiple product filters
- Auto update shipment tracking
- Auto update product stock
Ali Orders is available for free, but for bulk dropshipping you’ll have to spend $19 per month.
9. Smoke Drop
If you want to sell smoking, vaping, or CBD products, then you can check out Smoke Drop.
Their plan is a little expensive, but you’ll get access to quality products and higher margins. Their product range is unique. However, Smoke Drop doesn’t support Shopify payment, and you will need to add an external payment method for their products.
You can use it for selling grinders, vaporizers, roll-your-owns, glassware, apparel, and more.
- Automated fulfillment and real-time inventory sync
- Two-day product shipment
- Advanced search filters
- Versatile product catalogue
Smoke Drop is probably the most expensive app on my list, but they do offer a 7-day free trial. You can get access to unlimited products for $99.99 per month.
ShopMaster is a Shopify dropshipping app that integrates with multiple marketplaces including AliExpress, Banggood, DHGte, Tmart, Alibaba, Amazon, eBay, and more.
One thing worth mentioning is the import and product filtering system. This app lets you choose products based on warehouse locations in China, US, UK, and regions. You can thus expect better fulfillment management.
- Automatically fulfill, sync, and track
- Chrome extension for bulk imports
- Import and filter products
- Product monitoring and sales report
- Multiple staff accounts
ShopMaster is available for free.
Eprolo is a dropshipping and product sourcing app that you can use for getting the best AliExpress products. What makes it a good fit for one of the best Shopify dropshipping apps list is the fast shipping.
They have been working with dropshippers for quite a few years now. The Eprolo app manages everything including quality control, fast shipment, product management, white labeling, and branding.
- Eprolo Express shipping to US and UK
- Customize packing and branding
- Unified supply management via their warehouse
This Shopify dropshipping app can be used for free.
How does the idea of selling coffee with your logo on it sound to you?
Dripshipper allows you to put your own brand on the packaging and sell coffee under your brand name. They use high-quality, freshly roasted coffee beans. While whole bean coffee ships the same day, ground coffee is shipped the next day.
- US-based supplier with worldwide shipment
- Customize your products and logo
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
Dripshipper offers a free 14-day trial but you’ll have to spend $25 per month for access to unlimited products and orders.
Syncee is a global dropshipping platform with local suppliers from US, Europe, and Australia. You will find supplies in clothing, jewelry, fashion, home decor, baby products, and many other niches. This Shopify dropshipping app connects suppliers from around the globe to help you find awesome products.
- Automated product data updates
- Local suppliers with fast delivery
- High-quality, unique product catalogue
You can use Syncee for free for up to 50 products. After that it will cost $10 per month.
14. Dropship Beauty
Should you want to sell beauty products on your dropshipping store, this is the best Shopify app for you.
Dropship Beauty has an inventory of popular products in all shapes and sizes. You can sell hair extensions, wigs, 3D lashes, Edge control, and more. They offer 1 to 3-day standard shipping and 1 to 2-day Express shipping to the USA.
- Multiple beauty products
- Custom branding available
Dropship Beauty is free for up to 25 products. After that the paid plan starts from $9.99 per month.
DropnShop is one of the best Shopify dropshipping apps for selling products 100% made in France. They have an amazing collection of products coming from the best French factories.
DropnShop connects you directly to thousands of product manufacturers for dropshipping. Their team vet every supplier to ensure that you can do serious business. Customer support includes chat support as well.
If you want a dropship in Europe, I also recommend checking out T-Pop. They offer organic products for dropshippers.
- 100% made in France
- Serious business interlocutors
- Round the clock customer support
They offer limited products in the free plan. You can unlock unlimited products and some additional features for $14 per month.
Which are the best Shopify dropshipping apps for you?
Shopify dropshipping is an amazing way to make money online with little to no upfront. Most of the companies offer a free trial so you can test out their services.
Obviously, you’ll have to find the best selling products and for that you can choose from more than one dropshipping app. Here are my top 3 picks:
- Oberlo – Oberlo is the best Shopify app for AliExpress products.
- Spocket – Connect with independent dropshipping suppliers from Europe and the USA.
- Printful – Design beautiful products and sell them around the globe.
Once you know the best dropshipping app for your Shopify store, don’t forget to optimize your products for SEO. Alternatively, you can also check suppliers on dropshipping directories like SaleHoo. Check out my eCommerce marketing tips for getting your first sales. You can also get some additional traffic from print on demand sites like Teespring.